Revisions and Updates
Your Personal Information is Important to Us
Collecting Information About You
We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily choose to provide such information such as when you enter your Personal Data on our Websites or when you download and register or otherwise access an Application. If you contact us, we may also keep a record of that contact.
Non-Identifiable Data: When you interact with Insulet Corporation through the use of the Services, we may receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information. We may store such information ourselves, or it may be included in databases owned and maintained by affiliates, agents or service providers of Insulet Corporation. We may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Websites, the number of visitors to each page of our Websites, the domain names of our visitors' Internet Service Providers (ISPs), technical mobile device data such as device model and name, device operating system and version. It is important to note that no Personal Data is available or used in this process.
Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
Our purpose in collecting Personal Data about you is to:
- provide you with information which we believe interests you;
- effectively communicate with you;
- respond to your requests and inquiries;
- provide you with products and services;
- provide you with updates and options about our products and services;
- analyze our customers' experiences with our products and services, including the Services described above; and
- improve our products and services.
Insulet Corporation may also use or disclose your Personal Data to third parties if we believe that such disclosure is:
- required by law;
- necessary to fulfill the above purposes;
- necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another Insulet Corporation user, Website visitor, other users of the Services, or any member of the public; or
- In order to operate the Services, fulfill the purposes set out above or otherwise deliver a product or service, we may sometimes share your Personal Data with an affiliate, agent, service provider, distributor or other company in a business relationship with Insulet Corporation. When we use another company to perform a function of this nature, we endeavor to provide them only with the information that they need to perform their specific function and we instruct them to limit their use of the Personal Data accordingly.
When We Will Contact You
- We may contact you at the email address, mail address, telephone number, usernames or other contact information which you supply us in order to provide you with:
- Updated information about the Services;
- Updated information about Insulet Corporation;
- Updated options and information about our products and services, including the Omnipod® Insulin Management System;
- Other information that you have chosen to receive; and
- A response to your request(s).
What Are Your Choices?
You can use certain of the Services without providing any Personal Data. However, you may not be able to obtain certain products or services from Insulet Corporation.
Storage and Security of Your Personal Data.
At Insulet Corporation, we endeavor to take reasonable steps to keep secure any Personal Data that we hold about you, and to keep such Personal Data accurate and up to date. Access to your Personal Data is restricted within Insulet Corporation to employees, agents, affiliates or service providers, who have specific authorization. Since no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure, we do not promise that the information you provide to us will always be totally secure. Insulet Corporation disclaims any responsibility for events arising from unauthorized access to your Personal Data.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
California "Do Not Track" Disclosure
In accordance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) Amendment of 2013, we inform you that Insulet Corporation does not respond to Do Not Track requests or signals at this time.
Other Terms and Conditions
Accessing Your Personal Data
Our HIPAA Privacy Notice explains the various policies and procedures we have in place for processing individual requests to access and amend any PHI maintained by Insulet Corporation. If you would like to request the right to review and/or amend any Personal Data that you have previously submitted via the Websites, submit a request or contact our Privacy Officer, as specified below. Additional information about requests that you may make is available at the link.
What to Do If You Have a Problem or Question
Effective Date: August 11, 2004
Revision Dates: September 2, 2014; May 9, 2016; July 6, 2016; June 1, 2019; June 22, 2020; September 15, 2022