Pod Therapy for insulin-requiring Type 2 diabetes
There are several treatment options available for Type 2 diabetes. If insulin therapy is needed, Omnipod DASH® Insulin Management System allows people with Type 2 diabetes to manage their blood sugar without multiple daily injections.
Consider Pod Therapy—and say goodbye to daily injections and tubes.
If you need insulin to manage your Type 2 diabetes, you might discover a whole new level of freedom with the Omnipod DASH® Insulin Delivery System. Instead of dealing with the interruptions and inconvenience of multiple daily injections, you could manage your diabetes with tubeless insulin delivery in the form of a Pod that you can wear under your clothing for up to 72 hours of continuous insulin.
Ready to experience DASH for yourself?
Simplify your everyday life.
If you are living with insulin requiring Type 2 diabetes, Omnipod’s innovative, wearable insulin delivery can help relieve some of the pressure of managing your insulin. Thousands of people with Type 2 diabetes benefit from this tubeless delivery system every day. Unique benefits and features of Omnipod include:
- Eliminates the need for multiple daily injections—Each Pod delivers insulin nonstop for 3 consecutive days (up to 72 hours)
- Tangle-proof, waterproof*, and durable—Ideal for the physical demands of day-to-day life
- Tubeless— Walk freely through every open door, leaving doorknobs in the dust. No belts, fanny packs, or pockets required.
- Easy to use—Omnipod is easy to apply, insertion is quick and virtually painless, and the wireless Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM) offers the flexibility to manage your insulin treatment in the palm of your hand
- Lifestyle compatible—Omnipod is small enough to be worn discreetly under clothing, almost anywhere you’d give yourself an injection, and the wireless PDM is small enough to fit in a purse or pocket
- Convenient—Available through the pharmacy channel and covered by most insurance plans, including Medicare Part D with no commitment and no contract. The PDM comes free with your first box of Pods.
How does an insulin pump help?
An insulin pump (like Omnipod) is a small medical device that delivers a continuous amount of fast-acting insulin 24 hours a day to match your background insulin, and allows you to deliver mealtime insulin at the touch of a button. It is an alternative to injected insulin therapy, which means that on pump therapy you will need fewer injections.
Omnipod is covered by most insurance plans, including Medicare Part D.
Unlike traditional tubed pumps, Omnipod may be covered by your private pharmacy plan or Medicare Part D and is the only pump eligible by Medicare for people with insulin requiring Type 2 diabetes. And with Omnipod, there are no commitments or long-term contracts. The Personal Diabetes Manager is included for free with your first box of Pods.
Would you like to discuss Omnipod® with a doctor?
Ready to take the next step?
If you’re ready to take control of your insulin requiring Type 2 diabetes, get started with a no-commitment benefits check or connect with an Omnipod Specialist to learn more about Omnipod DASH. You can also talk to your doctor about whether Omnipod might be right for you.