What is Omnipod?
Omnipod® gives you more with less
Omnipod provides non-stop insulin delivery through a tubeless, waterproof insulin pump called a Pod—all with no multiple daily injections. Get 3 days (up to 72 hours) of continuous insulin delivery and freedom with these innovative features:
- Wearable: Place the Pod almost anywhere you’d normally inject
- Waterproof*: Take your insulin anywhere life takes you, even while swimming
- Tangle-proof: Forget the tubes of traditional insulin pumps
Pod Therapy: the building blocks of Omnipod
Omnipod offers waterproof†, concealable insulin management through Pod Therapy. An alternative to traditional insulin pumps, Pod Therapy consists of two primary parts: the tubeless Pod and the handheld Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM), kept nearby to wirelessly program insulin delivery. No multiple daily injections, tubes, or tangles to hold you back.
97% would recommend Omnipod to a friend
All systems go
With Omnipod 5 Automated Insulin Delivery System, your diabetes devices are in sync without tubes to tie you down. It’s everything Omnipod users love about DASH‡—waterproof†, wearable, tubeless—and so much more:
SmartAdjust™ technology automatically increases, decreases, or pauses insulin every 5 minutes, based on your customized target—helping to protect against highs and lows, day and night. 1,2
Activity feature when enabled, reduces insulin delivery when glucose typically goes low, like when exercising.
SmartBolus calculator, the only AID system with a built-in bolus calculator that automatically incorporates your CGM data and trend, so you don’t have to.
You will still need to bolus for meals. With Omnipod 5, this is done with the Omnipod 5 App or Controller.
‡Omnipod 5 is cleared for people with Type 1 diabetes, 2 years and older.
The crowd pleaser
A tubeless, wireless insulin management system that lets you experience more freedom with fewer daily hassles. Wear the Pod for 3 days (up to 72 hours) of continuous insulin delivery, without multiple daily injections. And the convenience doesn’t stop there. Get it all through the pharmacy, with no commitment. Even the Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM) comes at no charge to you‡.
Tubeless: No more tubes tangled on door knobs. The tubeless Pod can be worn discretely without having to clip anything on.
Waterproof*: Wear the Pod in the shower, the ocean, or running in the rain. Just keep the PDM dry.
Integrated Food Library: Remove yourself from the equation with an integrated bolus calculator, presets, and the CalorieKing® library of 80,000+ foods (English only).
*The Pod has an IP28 rating for up to 25 feet for 60 minutes. The PDM is not waterproof.
DASH is cleared for type 1 and type 2 insulin requiring diabetes, 2 years and older.
A 37-year road to freedom
Clare was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes over 40 years ago. After decades of multiple daily injections, blood glucose swings, and dangerous lows, Omnipod helped her simplify life with diabetes.
I don’t have to spend as much time thinking about diabetes.
Podder® since 2013
Like what you see?
Now that you’ve learned a little about Omnipod, you might be ready to take the next step. To get more information on whether Omnipod is right for you, connect with an Omnipod Specialist for more information. Or, if you’re ready to take the Pod for a spin, you can give Omnipod DASH a try with the free 30-day trial*.
*Omnipod DASH® 30-Day Free Trial
Terms and Conditions
1. Program Eligibility
Eligibility criteria: Subject to program limitations and terms and conditions, the Omnipod DASH 30-day Free Trial Program (the “Program”) is open to patients who have a valid Omnipod DASH prescription and who have commercial or private insurance, including plans available through state and federal healthcare exchanges. The Program is open only to new Pod Therapy patients coming from multiple daily injections or tubed pumps only who have not previously used Omnipod® 5, Omnipod DASH or Omnipod Insulin Management System.
This offer is not valid for participants whose Omnipod DASH prescription is paid for in whole or in part by Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal or state programs, or where prohibited by law. Participants on certain commercial insurance plans may not be eligible. This offer is only valid in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. territories. Please contact Insulet Customer Support at 1-800-591-3455 for details.
2. Program Details
With this program, Participants may be eligible to receive a 30-day supply of Omnipod DASH products at no cost for them. Eligible participants have two (2) options, based on the following:
• A participant shall sign the 30-day Omnipod DASH Free Trial Acknowledgement through the appropriate platform provided by Insulet’s pharmacy partner.
• Once Insulet, or its pharmacy partner, has received the request, including a valid prescription for the Omnipod DASH Intro Kit and Omnipod DASH Pods, the participant’s benefits will be checked by Insulet or its pharmacy partner.
• If the benefits check results in a monthly copay equal to or below two hundred dollars ($200), then Insulet, or its pharmacy partner, shall issue a one-time only copay card to the participant, for a value equal to the out-of-pocket expenses the participant would have to pay for an Omnipod DASH 30-day initial shipment, in accordance with Section 3, below.
• If the benefits check result in a copay greater than two hundred dollars ($200), Insulet, or its authorized partners, shall arrange for the shipment of one (1) Omnipod DASH Intro Kit, in accordance with Section 4, below.
• For the purpose of clarity, the term “copay” shall encompass any out-of-pocket expense for one (1) month’s supply of Pods, including any deductible, copays and other out-of-pocket expenses that the participant would have to disburse to procure said supply of Pods.
• Any copay assistance may not apply to a participant’s health plan’s deductible if prohibited by state law or by a health plan.
Insulet reserves the right to change, amend or rescind this Program, in whole or in part, at any time.
3. Copay Card
Should participant be deemed eligible to receive an Omnipod DASH Copay Card, participant shall receive electronically one (1) Omnipod DASH Copay Card, valid for a single use, in the amount required for the participant to procure a 30-day supply of Omnipod DASH Pods at a participating pharmacy. In addition, Insulet’s pharmacy partners shall ship, at no cost to participant, one (1) Omnipod DASH Starter Kit, which shall include:
• One (1) Omnipod DASH Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM)
• One (1) Omnipod DASH User Guide
• One (1) PDM charging cable
4. Product Dispense
Should participant be deemed eligible to receive a one-time dispense of Omnipod DASH Pods at no cost to them, Insulet, or its authorized partner, shall dispense one (1) Omnipod DASH Intro Kit, which shall include:
• One (1) Omnipod DASH PDM
• Eleven (11) Omnipod DASH Pods
• One (1) Omnipod DASH User Guide
• One (1) PDM charging cable
The Omnipod DASH Intro Kit shall be delivered to the shipping address indicated by participant in their Acknowledgment Form. Any estimate date of delivery is given solely for participant’s information and does not constitute a warranty that the Intro Kit will be delivered on said date. Participant is responsible to provide an accurate delivery address, to receive shipment of the Intro Kit and to verify the content of the Intro Kit.
1. Study in 80 people with T1D aged 2 - 5.9 yrs involving 2 weeks standard diabetes therapy followed by 3 months Omnipod 5 use in Automated Mode. Average time in Target Glucose range (from CGM) for standard therapy vs Omnipod 5 = 57.2% vs. 68.1%. Average time in Target Glucose range (12AM -< 6AM) from CGM in standard therapy vs. Omnipod 5 = 58.2% vs 81.0%. Average A1c in standard therapy vs. Omnipod 5 = 7.4% vs. 6.9%. Median time with low blood glucose from CGM: standard therapy = 3.43% vs. 2.46%. Sherr JL, et al. Diabetes Care (2022).
2. Study in 240 people with T1D aged 6 - 70 years involving 2 weeks standard diabetes therapy followed by 3 months Omnipod 5 use in Automated Mode. Average day time (6AM-12AM) in Target Glucose range (from CGM) in adults/adolescents and children for standard therapy vs Omnipod 5 = 64.8% vs. 72.5%; 51.5% vs. 64.6%. Average overnight (12AM-6AM) in Target Glucose range (from CGM) in adults/adolescents and children for standard therapy vs Omnipod 5 = 64.3% vs. 78.1%; 55.3% vs. 78.1%. Brown et al. Diabetes Care (2021).