Tubeless Pod Therapy lets kids be kids.
Caring for a child with diabetes is an important job. As a caregiver, you want to choose an insulin delivery method that both addresses your child’s evolving health needs while also granting them the freedom to just be a kid. And there is a lot to juggle—concerns about your child’s health, worries that you might not be doing everything right, and taking time to make sure you continue to care for yourself.
Omnipod® was created for this very reason—to give kids with diabetes and their parents and caregivers a simple device to manage diabetes and deliver peace of mind at the same time. In fact, over the last few years, Omnipod DASH® has become the #1 prescribed insulin delivery system for kids*. Omnipod allows kids to do what kids do, whether at school, at play or at a sleepover.
All freedom, no tubes attached.
Over 100,000 Omnipod users and their families experience the benefits of our tubeless insulin delivery system every day. The Pod is small and discreet, and can be worn almost anywhere you’d give yourself an injection. Omnipod is such a popular insulin delivery system for kids and teens‡, because of these unique features:
- No multiple daily injections—Omnipod delivers insulin continuously for 3 days (up to 72 hours), so your kid can stick with their activities without interruptions
- Waterproof†—can be worn while swimming, bathing, or showering
- Tangle-proof—no tubes that will get caught on the jungle gym
- Convenient–the Bluetooth Controller/PDM helps you to manage your child’s insulin delivery from up to 5 feet away and the Omnipod VIEW App‡ allows for remote monitoring and alerts, even when you can’t be there
†The Pod has a waterproof IP28 rating for up to 25 feet for 60 minutes. The Controller and PDM are not waterproof.
‡Omnipod VIEW App currently available for Omnipod DASH only
- Discreet—small enough to be worn under clothing, with no tubes hanging loose
- Built for busy lives—the wireless Controller/PDM looks like a smartphone and fit in a purse or pocket, making insulin delivery look like sending a text. Plus, the Omnipod 5 Automated Insulin Delivery System can be controlled from an app on your own compatible smartphone!§ Learn more about automated insulin delivery
- Mealtime calculator—an integrated bolus calculator that helps with mealtime math. Perfect for a dine-out with friends!
- Durable—ideal for competitive sports and active lifestyles
How our Omnipod systems work.
Like traditional insulin pumps, Omnipod replaces the need for daily insulin injections by delivering small doses of insulin to your child’s body steadily throughout the day. Omnipod differs from other insulin pump products with its innovative, compact, and tubeless design, made for you and your child’s busy lives‡. Plus, Omnipod 5 Automated Insulin Delivery System now offers automated insulin delivery by connecting with your Dexcom G6 continuous glucose monitor (CGM), and adjusting your insulin levels every five minutes.
Omnipod is simple:
1. The Pod
2. The DASH Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM) or the Omnipod 5 Controller with Omnipod 5 App
3. Omnipod 5 and Dexcom G6 CGM
Omnipod was designed to Simplify Life™
Unlike multiple daily injections or traditional, tubed insulin pumps, Omnipod keeps it simple so you can focus on your child’s everyday life.
The Perks of Omnipod
|Omnipod Systems||Multiple Daily Injections||Traditional Pumps|
Toby’s T1D Tale iPad Application
We developed Toby’s T1D Tale as an educational resource for kids and their families to help them learn about Type 1 Diabetes through a fun, interactive mobile interface. Available for free through iTunes, the app follows Omnipod mascot Toby the Turtle™ from diagnosis to treatment as he, his family, and his friends learn how to manage diabetes.
Want to try Omnipod for your loved one?
Try our no-commitment, free 30-day Omnipod DASH® trial*, or connect with an Omnipod Specialist first. Let’s begin by checking your eligibility and coverage benefits.
*Omnipod DASH® 30-Day Free Trial
Terms and Conditions
1. Program Eligibility
Eligibility criteria: Subject to program limitations and terms and conditions, the Omnipod DASH 30-day Free Trial Program (the “Program”) is open to patients who have a valid Omnipod DASH prescription and who have commercial or private insurance, including plans available through state and federal healthcare exchanges. The Program is open only to new Pod Therapy patients coming from multiple daily injections or tubed pumps only who have not previously used Omnipod® 5, Omnipod DASH or Omnipod Insulin Management System.
This offer is not valid for participants whose Omnipod DASH prescription is paid for in whole or in part by Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal or state programs, or where prohibited by law. Participants on certain commercial insurance plans may not be eligible. This offer is only valid in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. territories. Please contact Insulet Customer Support at 1-800-591-3455 for details.
2. Program Details
With this program, Participants may be eligible to receive a 30-day supply of Omnipod DASH products at no cost for them. Eligible participants have two (2) options, based on the following:
• A participant shall sign the 30-day Omnipod DASH Free Trial Acknowledgement through the appropriate platform provided by Insulet’s pharmacy partner.
• Once Insulet, or its pharmacy partner, has received the request, including a valid prescription for the Omnipod DASH Intro Kit and Omnipod DASH Pods, the participant’s benefits will be checked by Insulet or its pharmacy partner.
• If the benefits check results in a monthly copay equal to or below two hundred dollars ($200), then Insulet, or its pharmacy partner, shall issue a one-time only copay card to the participant, for a value equal to the out-of-pocket expenses the participant would have to pay for an Omnipod DASH 30-day initial shipment, in accordance with Section 3, below.
• If the benefits check result in a copay greater than two hundred dollars ($200), Insulet, or its authorized partners, shall arrange for the shipment of one (1) Omnipod DASH Intro Kit, in accordance with Section 4, below.
• For the purpose of clarity, the term “copay” shall encompass any out-of-pocket expense for one (1) month’s supply of Pods, including any deductible, copays and other out-of-pocket expenses that the participant would have to disburse to procure said supply of Pods.
• Any copay assistance may not apply to a participant’s health plan’s deductible if prohibited by state law or by a health plan.
Insulet reserves the right to change, amend or rescind this Program, in whole or in part, at any time.
3. Copay Card
Should participant be deemed eligible to receive an Omnipod DASH Copay Card, participant shall receive electronically one (1) Omnipod DASH Copay Card, valid for a single use, in the amount required for the participant to procure a 30-day supply of Omnipod DASH Pods at a participating pharmacy. In addition, Insulet’s pharmacy partners shall ship, at no cost to participant, one (1) Omnipod DASH Starter Kit, which shall include:
• One (1) Omnipod DASH Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM)
• One (1) Omnipod DASH User Guide
• One (1) PDM charging cable
4. Product Dispense
Should participant be deemed eligible to receive a one-time dispense of Omnipod DASH Pods at no cost to them, Insulet, or its authorized partner, shall dispense one (1) Omnipod DASH Intro Kit, which shall include:
• One (1) Omnipod DASH PDM
• Eleven (11) Omnipod DASH Pods
• One (1) Omnipod DASH User Guide
• One (1) PDM charging cable
The Omnipod DASH Intro Kit shall be delivered to the shipping address indicated by participant in their Acknowledgment Form. Any estimate date of delivery is given solely for participant’s information and does not constitute a warranty that the Intro Kit will be delivered on said date. Participant is responsible to provide an accurate delivery address, to receive shipment of the Intro Kit and to verify the content of the Intro Kit.
The Omnipod 5 Automated Insulin Delivery System is indicated for use by individuals with Type 1 diabetes mellitus in persons 2 years of age and older. The Omnipod 5 System is intended for single patient, home use and requires a prescription. The Omnipod 5 System is compatible with the following U-100 insulins: NovoLog®, Humalog®, and Admelog®.
The Omnipod 5 ACE Pump (Pod) is intended for the subcutaneous delivery of insulin, at set and variable rates, for the management of diabetes mellitus in persons requiring insulin. The Omnipod 5 ACE Pump is able to reliably and securely communicate with compatible, digitally connected devices, including automated insulin dosing software, to receive, execute, and confirm commands from these devices. SmartAdjust™ technology is intended for use with compatible integrated continuous glucose monitors (iCGM) and alternate controller enabled (ACE) pumps to automatically increase, decrease, and pause delivery of insulin based on current and predicted glucose values. The Omnipod 5 SmartBolus Calculator is intended to calculate a suggested bolus dose based on user-entered carbohydrates, most recent sensor glucose value (or blood glucose reading if using fingerstick), rate of change of the sensor glucose (if applicable), insulin on board (IOB), and programmable correction factor, insulin to carbohydrate ratio, and target glucose value.
Warning: SmartAdjust technology should NOT be used by anyone under the age of 2 years old. SmartAdjust technology should also NOT be used in people who require less than 5 units of insulin per day as the safety of the technology has not been evaluated in this population.
The Omnipod 5 System is NOT recommended for people who are unable to monitor glucose as recommended by their healthcare provider, are unable to maintain contact with their healthcare provider, are unable to use the Omnipod 5 System according to instructions, are taking hydroxyurea as it could lead to falsely elevated CGM values and result in over-delivery of insulin that can lead to severe hypoglycemia, and do NOT have adequate hearing and/or vision to allow recognition of all functions of the Omnipod 5 System, including alerts, alarms, and reminders. Device components including the Pod, CGM transmitter, and CGM sensor must be removed before Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT) scan, or diathermy treatment. In addition, the Controller and smartphone should be placed outside of the procedure room. Exposure to MRI, CT, or diathermy treatment can damage the components. Visit www.omnipod.com/safety for additional important safety information.
Warning: DO NOT start to use the Omnipod 5 System or change settings without adequate training and guidance from a healthcare provider. Initiating and adjusting settings incorrectly can result in over-delivery or under-delivery of insulin, which could lead to hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.
The Omnipod DASH® Insulin Management System is intended for subcutaneous delivery of insulin at set and variable rates for the management of diabetes mellitus in persons requiring insulin. Additionally, the Omnipod DASH® System is interoperable with a compatible blood glucose meter to receive and display blood glucose measurements. The Omnipod DASH® System has been tested and found to be safe for use with the following U-100 insulin: NovoLog®, Humalog®, Apidra®, Fiasp®, Lyumjev®, or Admelog®. Refer to the Omnipod DASH® Insulin Management System User Guide at omnipod.com for complete safety information including indications, contraindications, warnings, cautions, and instructions.