Omnipod DASH® System – Frequently Asked Questions
We have heard from many of you regarding your interest in the Omnipod DASH Insulin Management System. We are thrilled at this response and can’t wait to help simplify diabetes management for you and your loved ones! Here is an update on Omnipod DASH and answers to some of the community’s most frequently asked questions.
Questions About DASH
What is the Omnipod DASH Insulin Management System?
Does Omnipod DASH allow you to program zero basal rates?
What is the size of the Omnipod DASH PDM?
What does Bluetooth® mean as it relates to Omnipod DASH?
Is the Omnipod DASH PDM waterproof? Is the Pod still waterproof?
Will the Omnipod System Pods work with Omnipod DASH?
Is the Omnipod DASH Pod the same size as the Omnipod System Pods?
Does the Omnipod DASH Pod hold more or less insulin?
Do I still have to change the DASH Pod every three days?
Can I get a Pod replaced if I am unable to use it for a full session?
Can the Omnipod DASH Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM) data be uploaded to a data management system?
Which blood glucose meters can be used with Omnipod DASH?
My prescription for Omnipod DASH has not changed, but my Pods look different. Is this the same Pod?
Has Omnipod DASH been developed with cybersecurity in mind?
Where do I go to find out if I’m covered for Omnipod DASH?
What else can I do if Omnipod DASH is not yet covered by my insurance?
Getting My Prescription/ASPN
Who is ASPN?
I'm receiving texts from ASPN. Why is ASPN contacting me?
What do I need to do next to get my prescription filled? How will I get my prescription?
Is ASPN a pharmacy? Can I just use my regular pharmacy to get my Omnipod prescription filled?
My doctor wrote a prescription for Omnipod, and I have not received my product. Who do I call?
How long will it take to fill my prescription?
How do I get refills for my prescription?
What number will appear on my caller ID for ASPN Pharmacies? How do I know it is ASPN texting me and not a scam?
How can I check the status of my prescription?
How will I be notified that ASPN Pharmacies has my prescription?
Why do I have to verify my personal information?
How do I qualify for a Free Trial of Omnipod?
How long will it take for me to learn whether I qualify for a free trial?
If I do not want to continue using the product after the free trial, what do I need to do?
Mobile Apps Availability
I am an Omnipod DASH and iPhone user and am interested in the Omnipod mobile apps. How do I access them?
Questions About Omnipod DISPLAY® and Omnipod VIEW® Apps
What is the Omnipod DISPLAY app?
Is there a way for me to see my Omnipod® data on my smartphone?
What is the Omnipod VIEW app?
What is an "iPhone Widget"?
Does the Omnipod DISPLAY app integrate with my CGM data?
How often does the Omnipod DISPLAY app receive information from the Omnipod DASH PDM?
What features are available in the Omnipod DISPLAY app?
Can I use the Omnipod DISPLAY app to manage my insulin delivery?
How can I invite others to view my Omnipod DASH PDM information?
How do I ensure my data is securely sent to Viewers?
Can I connect to more than one DASH PDM using the Omnipod DISPLAY app?
Which smartphone models are compatible with the Omnipod DISPLAY app?
Is the Omnipod DISPLAY app available for Android devices?
Will I see PDM notifications and alarms on my smartphone?
From the DISPLAY app, can I remove a Viewer of my PDM data?
How does "Find my PDM" work?
Is the Omnipod DISPLAY app or Omnipod VIEW app available on the Apple Watch?
How often does the Omnipod VIEW app receive information from the PDM?
What features are available in the Omnipod VIEW app?
Can I use Omnipod VIEW app to manage my insulin delivery?
What is the difference between the Omnipod DISPLAY app and the Omnipod VIEW app?
Is the Omnipod VIEW app supported on all Apple iPhones?
Can I install the Omnipod DISPLAY app and the Omnipod VIEW app on my iPad?
What time zone is used for the time displays? Will the Omnipod DASH PDM update the clock when in a new time zone?
How can I stop viewing a specific Podder's data after accepting the invitation?
Do I need to have my DASH PDM with me in order to see my data on my smartphone using the Omnipod DISPLAY app?
Is there a way for me to view my Podder's Omnipod DASH System data on my phone, like the Dexcom Share and Follow mobile apps?
Which smartphone models are compatible with the Omnipod VIEW app? Can I use the Omnipod VIEW app on my tablet or other device?
Is the Omnipod VIEW app available for Android devices?
What time zone is used for the time displays on the Omnipod VIEW app?
How I can start using Omnipod VIEW to monitor a Podder's data?
Why does the Bluetooth® permission request within the Omnipod DISPLAY mobile app want to know my location?
Is the CalorieKing Food Library available in Spanish?
My device is currently setup in English or Spanish language, and I would like to switch the language. How do I do this?
Can the Glooko® App be used to register for Automatic Upload?
How do I know if my Omnipod DASH PDM was successful with automatically uploading PDM data to Glooko?
I do not have an email address available, can I still setup my Omnipod DASH PDM for Automatic Upload of data to Insulet Provided Glooko?
If my Omnipod DASH PDM is not connected to Wi-Fi at midnight, what information will be displayed in my Glooko account the next time it’s connected to Wi-Fi?
General PDM Functionality
What criteria must be met to check for a software update and if available, download and install the software update?
How do I pair my CONTOUR® NEXT ONE Blood Glucose meter, previously paired with my Omnipod DASH PDM, to a replacement Omnipod DASH PDM?
After completing First Time Setup of my new and/or replacement Omnipod DASH PDM, my PDM restarted and brought me to the home screen. Is this normal?
2. The CalorieKing® food library is in English language only.
3. The following U-100 rapid-acting insulin analogs have been tested and found to be safe for use in the Pod: NovoLog® (insulin aspart), Fiasp® (insulin aspart), Humalog® (insulin lispro), Admelog® (insulin lispro), Lyumjev® (insulin lispro-aabc), and Apidra® (insulin glulisine).
4. With Omnipod DASH, customers will be eligible to receive 1 no cost PDM every 4 years with the purchase of Pods subject to certain conditions including but not limited to, verification of insurance.
*Omnipod DASH® 30-Day Free Trial
Terms and Conditions
1. Program Eligibility
Eligibility criteria: Subject to program limitations and terms and conditions, the Omnipod DASH 30-day Free Trial Program (the “Program”) is open to patients who have a valid Omnipod DASH prescription and who have commercial or private insurance, including plans available through state and federal healthcare exchanges. The Program is open only to new Pod Therapy patients coming from multiple daily injections or tubed pumps only who have not previously used Omnipod® 5, Omnipod DASH or Omnipod Insulin Management System.
This offer is not valid for participants whose Omnipod DASH prescription is paid for in whole or in part by Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal or state programs, or where prohibited by law. Participants on certain commercial insurance plans may not be eligible. This offer is only valid in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. territories. Please contact Insulet Customer Support at 1-800-591-3455 for details.
2. Program Details
With this program, Participants may be eligible to receive a 30-day supply of Omnipod DASH products at no cost for them. Eligible participants have two (2) options, based on the following:
• A participant shall sign the 30-day Omnipod DASH Free Trial Acknowledgement through the appropriate platform provided by Insulet’s pharmacy partner.
• Once Insulet, or its pharmacy partner, has received the request, including a valid prescription for the Omnipod DASH Intro Kit and Omnipod DASH Pods, the participant’s benefits will be checked by Insulet or its pharmacy partner.
• If the benefits check results in a monthly copay equal to or below two hundred dollars ($200), then Insulet, or its pharmacy partner, shall issue a one-time only copay card to the participant, for a value equal to the out-of-pocket expenses the participant would have to pay for an Omnipod DASH 30-day initial shipment, in accordance with Section 3, below.
• If the benefits check result in a copay greater than two hundred dollars ($200), Insulet, or its authorized partners, shall arrange for the shipment of one (1) Omnipod DASH Intro Kit, in accordance with Section 4, below.
• For the purpose of clarity, the term “copay” shall encompass any out-of-pocket expense for one (1) month’s supply of Pods, including any deductible, copays and other out-of-pocket expenses that the participant would have to disburse to procure said supply of Pods.
• Any copay assistance may not apply to a participant’s health plan’s deductible if prohibited by state law or by a health plan.
Insulet reserves the right to change, amend or rescind this Program, in whole or in part, at any time.
3. Copay Card
Should participant be deemed eligible to receive an Omnipod DASH Copay Card, participant shall receive electronically one (1) Omnipod DASH Copay Card, valid for a single use, in the amount required for the participant to procure a 30-day supply of Omnipod DASH Pods at a participating pharmacy. In addition, Insulet’s pharmacy partners shall ship, at no cost to participant, one (1) Omnipod DASH Starter Kit, which shall include:
• One (1) Omnipod DASH Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM)
• One (1) Omnipod DASH User Guide
• One (1) PDM charging cable
4. Product Dispense
Should participant be deemed eligible to receive a one-time dispense of Omnipod DASH Pods at no cost to them, Insulet, or its authorized partner, shall dispense one (1) Omnipod DASH Intro Kit, which shall include:
• One (1) Omnipod DASH PDM
• Eleven (11) Omnipod DASH Pods
• One (1) Omnipod DASH User Guide
• One (1) PDM charging cable
The Omnipod DASH Intro Kit shall be delivered to the shipping address indicated by participant in their Acknowledgment Form. Any estimate date of delivery is given solely for participant’s information and does not constitute a warranty that the Intro Kit will be delivered on said date. Participant is responsible to provide an accurate delivery address, to receive shipment of the Intro Kit and to verify the content of the Intro Kit.