Meet Omnipod® 5
Omnipod® 5 automatically adjusts insulin delivery to manage glucose levels, helping protect against highs and lows, day and night.1,2 It’s the system that never sleeps.
With our SmartAdjust™ technology, every 5 minutes the system automatically increases, decreases, or pauses insulin delivery based on readings from the Dexcom G6 Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) and can be fully controlled by a compatible smartphone.*
No tubes. No multiple daily injections. Zero fingersticks.† All to help simplify every day life with diabetes.
†Fingersticks required for diabetes treatment decisions if symptoms or expectations do not match readings.
The Pod has an IP28 rating for up to 25 feet for 60 minutes. The PDM (Personal Diabetes Manager) is not waterproof.
Is Omnipod right for me?
Thousands of people with Type 1 and Type 2 insulin requiring diabetes are using Omnipod and living life without tangled tubes or multiple daily injections. 97% of Omnipod DASH users would recommend it to a friend‡, and it’s the #1 prescribed insulin management system for kids§. It may even be covered by your private pharmacy plan or Medicare Part D.
§ dQA US Q3 2020 Diabetes Connections Patient Panel Report
Meet the latest Omnipod lineup
Omnipod 5 Automated Insulin Delivery System
Now available! The first tubeless automated insulin delivery system in the U.S. All the greatest benefits of Omnipod DASH, and then some.
Omnipod DASH® Insulin Management System
Tubeless insulin delivery. Try it free for 30 days* to find out why it already has thousands of users.
Start with a free Omnipod DASH® 30-day trial*
Take the Pod out for a spin for 30 days and find out what your insurance will cover with a no-commitment benefits check. While coverage varies, most Omnipod DASH® users pay on average less than $50 monthly co‑pay through the pharmacy.**
Hear from others like you
See why thousands of people are using Omnipod to simplify their insulin management.
Omnipod 5 has definitely allowed me to focus more on life and less on type 1 diabetes.
Get going from home
You can start Omnipod from the safety of your home. With personalized virtual training♢ and helpful online resources, getting started is as simple as it sounds.
Looking for the next step?
Connect with an Omnipod Specialist, or start with a no-commitment insurance benefits check to see if your plan covers Omnipod. If you’re still not sure what’s right for you, it may help to talk to your doctor about Omnipod.
*Omnipod DASH® 30-Day Free Trial
Terms and Conditions
1. Program Eligibility
Eligibility criteria: Subject to program limitations and terms and conditions, the Omnipod DASH 30-day Free Trial Program (the “Program”) is open to patients who have a valid Omnipod DASH prescription and who have commercial or private insurance, including plans available through state and federal healthcare exchanges. The Program is open only to new Pod Therapy patients coming from multiple daily injections or tubed pumps only who have not previously used Omnipod® 5, Omnipod DASH or Omnipod Insulin Management System.
This offer is not valid for participants whose Omnipod DASH prescription is paid for in whole or in part by Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal or state programs, or where prohibited by law. Participants on certain commercial insurance plans may not be eligible. This offer is only valid in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. territories. Please contact Insulet Customer Support at 1-800-591-3455 for details.
2. Program Details
With this program, Participants may be eligible to receive a 30-day supply of Omnipod DASH products at no cost for them. Eligible participants have two (2) options, based on the following:
• A participant shall sign the 30-day Omnipod DASH Free Trial Acknowledgement through the appropriate platform provided by Insulet’s pharmacy partner.
• Once Insulet, or its pharmacy partner, has received the request, including a valid prescription for the Omnipod DASH Intro Kit and Omnipod DASH Pods, the participant’s benefits will be checked by Insulet or its pharmacy partner.
• If the benefits check results in a monthly copay equal to or below two hundred dollars ($200), then Insulet, or its pharmacy partner, shall issue a one-time only copay card to the participant, for a value equal to the out-of-pocket expenses the participant would have to pay for an Omnipod DASH 30-day initial shipment, in accordance with Section 3, below.
• If the benefits check result in a copay greater than two hundred dollars ($200), Insulet, or its authorized partners, shall arrange for the shipment of one (1) Omnipod DASH Intro Kit, in accordance with Section 4, below.
• For the purpose of clarity, the term “copay” shall encompass any out-of-pocket expense for one (1) month’s supply of Pods, including any deductible, copays and other out-of-pocket expenses that the participant would have to disburse to procure said supply of Pods.
• Any copay assistance may not apply to a participant’s health plan’s deductible if prohibited by state law or by a health plan.
Insulet reserves the right to change, amend or rescind this Program, in whole or in part, at any time.
3. Copay Card
Should participant be deemed eligible to receive an Omnipod DASH Copay Card, participant shall receive electronically one (1) Omnipod DASH Copay Card, valid for a single use, in the amount required for the participant to procure a 30-day supply of Omnipod DASH Pods at a participating pharmacy. In addition, Insulet’s pharmacy partners shall ship, at no cost to participant, one (1) Omnipod DASH Starter Kit, which shall include:
• One (1) Omnipod DASH Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM)
• One (1) Omnipod DASH User Guide
• One (1) PDM charging cable
4. Product Dispense
Should participant be deemed eligible to receive a one-time dispense of Omnipod DASH Pods at no cost to them, Insulet, or its authorized partner, shall dispense one (1) Omnipod DASH Intro Kit, which shall include:
• One (1) Omnipod DASH PDM
• Eleven (11) Omnipod DASH Pods
• One (1) Omnipod DASH User Guide
• One (1) PDM charging cable
The Omnipod DASH Intro Kit shall be delivered to the shipping address indicated by participant in their Acknowledgment Form. Any estimate date of delivery is given solely for participant’s information and does not constitute a warranty that the Intro Kit will be delivered on said date. Participant is responsible to provide an accurate delivery address, to receive shipment of the Intro Kit and to verify the content of the Intro Kit.
The Omnipod 5 Automated Insulin Delivery System is indicated for use by individuals with type 1 diabetes mellitus in persons 2 years of age and older. The Omnipod 5 System is intended for single patient, home use and requires a prescription. The Omnipod 5 System is compatible with the following U-100 insulins: NovoLog®, Humalog®, and Admelog®.
The Omnipod 5 ACE Pump (Pod) is intended for the subcutaneous delivery of insulin, at set and variable rates, for the management of diabetes mellitus in persons requiring insulin. The Omnipod 5 ACE Pump is able to reliably and securely communicate with compatible, digitally connected devices, including automated insulin dosing software, to receive, execute, and confirm commands from these devices. SmartAdjust™ technology is intended for use with compatible integrated continuous glucose monitors (iCGM) and alternate controller enabled (ACE) pumps to automatically increase, decrease, and pause delivery of insulin based on current and predicted glucose values.
The Omnipod 5 SmartBolus Calculator is intended to calculate a suggested bolus dose based on user-entered carbohydrates, most recent sensor glucose value (or blood glucose reading if using fingerstick), rate of change of the sensor glucose (if applicable), insulin on board (IOB), and programmable correction factor, insulin to carbohydrate ratio, and target glucose value.
WARNING: SmartAdjust technology should NOT be used by anyone under the age of 2 years old. SmartAdjust technology should also NOT be used in people who require less than 5 units of insulin per day as the safety of the technology has not been evaluated in this population.
The Omnipod 5 System is NOT recommended for people who are unable to monitor glucose as recommended by their healthcare provider, are unable to maintain contact with their healthcare provider, are unable to use the Omnipod 5 System according to instructions, are taking hydroxyurea as it could lead to falsely elevated CGM values and result in over-delivery of insulin that can lead to severe hypoglycemia, and do NOT have adequate hearing and/or vision to allow recognition of all functions of the Omnipod 5 System, including alerts, alarms, and reminders. Device components including the Pod, CGM transmitter, and CGM sensor must be removed before Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT) scan, or diathermy treatment. In addition, the Controller and smartphone should be placed outside of the procedure room. Exposure to MRI, CT, or diathermy treatment can damage the components. Visit www.omnipod.com/safety for additional important safety information.
WARNING: DO NOT start to use the Omnipod 5 System or change settings without adequate training and guidance from a healthcare provider. Initiating and adjusting settings incorrectly can result in over-delivery or under-delivery of insulin, which could lead to hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.
The Omnipod DASH® Insulin Management System is intended for subcutaneous delivery of insulin at set and variable rates for the management of diabetes mellitus in persons requiring insulin. Additionally, the Omnipod DASH® System is interoperable with a compatible blood glucose meter to receive and display blood glucose measurements. The Omnipod DASH® System has been tested and found to be safe for use with the following U-100 insulin: NovoLog®, Humalog®, Apidra®, Fiasp®, Lyumjev®, or Admelog®. Refer to the Omnipod DASH® Insulin Management System User Guide at omnipod.com for complete safety information including indications, contraindications, warnings, cautions, and instructions.
1. Study in 80 people with T1D aged 2 - 5.9 yrs involving 2 weeks standard diabetes therapy followed by 3 months Omnipod 5 use in Automated Mode. Average time in Target Glucose range (from CGM) for standard therapy vs Omnipod 5 = 57.2% vs. 68.1%. Average time in Target Glucose range (12AM -< 6AM) from CGM in standard therapy vs. Omnipod 5 = 58.2% vs 81.0%. Average A1c in standard therapy vs. Omnipod 5 = 7.4% vs. 6.9%. Median time with low blood glucose from CGM: standard therapy = 3.43% vs. 2.46%. Sherr JL, et al. Diabetes Care (2022).
2. Study in 240 people with T1D aged 6 - 70 years involving 2 weeks standard diabetes therapy followed by 3 months Omnipod 5 use in Automated Mode. Average day time (6AM-12AM) in Target Glucose range (from CGM) in adults/adolescents and children for standard therapy vs Omnipod 5 = 64.8% vs. 72.5%; 51.5% vs. 64.6%. Average overnight (12AM-6AM) in Target Glucose range (from CGM) in adults/adolescents and children for standard therapy vs Omnipod 5 = 64.3% vs. 78.1%; 55.3% vs. 78.1%. Brown et al. Diabetes Care (2021).