Omnipod® is the only insulin pump in the US that is available through many pharmacies.
The Omnipod® 5 System Is Available at These Pharmacies*
- CVS Caremark
- Express Scripts
- Humana Optum
- Advanced Diabetes Supply
- Albertson’s Specialty Care
- Byram Healthcare
- Gentry Health Services
- Kroger Specialty Pharmacy
- Community, A. Walgreen’s Pharmacy
Cash Pay Option
- Costco Mail Order Pharmacy
The Omnipod DASH® Insulin Management System is available nationwide through retail and mail order pharmacies, including major retailers like CVS and Walgreens.
Omnipod DASH® users pay on average less than $50/mo. co pay through the pharmacy.
Pharmacy Advantage with the OmnipodPromise
No one wants to be locked into a contract and we agree. That is why we are proud to share our OmnipodPromise, for users getting product through the pharmacy*. Our OmnipodPromise allows users to start on Omnipod DASH® or Omnipod® 5 and any newer technology with:
- No contract, commitment or obligation
- Easy upgrade to newer Omnipod technology regardless of existing contract, when product is available*
- FREE Omnipod DASH® Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM) and Omnipod® 5 Controller, included with your first prescription**
Don’t wait, switch your diabetes management today and upgrade to a newer Omnipod product at any time, regardless if whether you are on Omnipod or any other pump.
** Subject to co-pays as required by insurance coverage.
How to Get Started with Your Pharmacy Benefit
- Once you and your doctor have determined that the Omnipod DASH® System or Omnipod® 5 is the best choice for you, complete our form to get started. This will allow our Customer Care team to contact your insurance plan to determine if you have pharmacy coverage.
- After reviewing your insurance information, you will receive a phone call from an Insulet Customer Care representative to discuss your insurance coverage.
- Once you're ready to get started, our team will connect you with a serviceable pharmacy. We will also follow up with your health care provider directly to request a prescription.
- Once your health care provider sends the prescription to the specified pharmacy, your Omnipod DASH® System will be processed and shipped!
The Omnipod 5 Automated Insulin Delivery System is indicated for use by individuals with type 1 diabetes mellitus in persons 6 years of age and older. The Omnipod 5 System is intended for single patient, home use and requires a prescription. The Omnipod 5 System is compatible with the following U-100 insulins: NovoLog®, Humalog®, and Admelog®.
The Omnipod 5 ACE Pump (Pod) is intended for the subcutaneous delivery of insulin, at set and variable rates, for the management of diabetes mellitus in persons requiring insulin. The Omnipod 5 ACE Pump is able to reliably and securely communicate with compatible, digitally connected devices, including automated insulin dosing software, to receive, execute, and confirm commands from these devices. SmartAdjust™ technology is intended for use with compatible integrated continuous glucose monitors (iCGM) and alternate controller enabled (ACE) pumps to automatically increase, decrease, and pause delivery of insulin based on current and predicted glucose values. The Omnipod 5 SmartBolus Calculator is intended to calculate a suggested bolus dose based on user-entered carbohydrates, most recent sensor glucose value (or blood glucose reading if using fingerstick), rate of change of the sensor glucose (if applicable), insulin on board (IOB), and programmable correction factor, insulin to carbohydrate ratio, and target glucose value.
WARNING: SmartAdjust technology should NOT be used by anyone under the age of 6 years old. SmartAdjust technology should also NOT be used in people who require less than 6 units of insulin per day as the safety of the technology has not been evaluated in this population.
The Omnipod 5 System is NOT recommended for people who are unable to monitor glucose as recommended by their healthcare provider, are unable to maintain contact with their healthcare provider, are unable to use the Omnipod 5 System according to instructions, are taking hydroxyurea as it could lead to falsely elevated CGM values and result in over-delivery of insulin that can lead to severe hypoglycemia, and do NOT have adequate hearing and/or vision to allow recognition of all functions of the Omnipod 5 System, including alerts, alarms, and reminders. Device components including the Pod, CGM transmitter, and CGM sensor must be removed before Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT) scan, or diathermy treatment. In addition, the Controller and smartphone should be placed outside of the procedure room. Exposure to MRI, CT, or diathermy treatment can damage the components. Visit www.omnipod.com/safety for additional important safety information.
WARNING: DO NOT start to use the Omnipod 5 System or change settings without adequate training and guidance from a healthcare provider. Initiating and adjusting settings incorrectly can result in over-delivery or under-delivery of insulin, which could lead to hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.