Tubeless Pod Therapy lets kids be kids.
Caring for a child with diabetes is an important job. As a caregiver, you want to choose an insulin delivery method that both addresses your child’s evolving health needs while also granting him or her the freedom to just be a kid. And there is a lot to juggle—concerns about your child’s health, worries that you might not be doing everything right, and taking time to make sure you continue to care for yourself.
Omnipod® was created for this very reason—to give kids with diabetes and their parents and caregivers a simple tool to manage diabetes and deliver peace of mind at the same time. In fact, over the last few years, Omnipod DASH® has become the #1 prescribed insulin delivery system for kids*. Omnipod allows kids to do what kids do, whether at school, at play or at a sleepover.
All freedom, no tubes attached.
Over 100,000 Omnipod users and their families experience the benefits of our tubeless insulin delivery system every day. The Pod is small and discreet, and can be worn almost anywhere you’d give yourself an injection. Omnipod is such a popular insulin delivery system for kids and teens, because of these unique features:
- No multiple daily injections—Omnipod delivers non-stop insulin for 3 days (up to 72 hours), so your kid can stick with their activities without interruptions
- Tangle-proof—no tubes that will get caught on the jungle gym
- Waterproof†—can be worn while swimming, bathing, or showering
- Convenient—wireless controller allows you to deliver insulin when within 5 feet of your child
- Easy to use—Omnipod is easy to apply and insertion is quick and virtually painless
- Discreet—small enough to be worn under clothing, with no tubes hanging loose
- Built for busy lives—the wireless Omnipod DASH PDM looks like a smartphone and fits in a purse or pocket, making insulin delivery look like sending a text.
- Less mealtime math—the integrated food library reduces the burden of bolus calculations. Perfect for a dine-out with friends!
- Durable—ideal for competitive sports and active lifestyles
How our Omnipod systems work.
Like traditional insulin pumps, Omnipod replaces the need for daily insulin injections by delivering small doses of insulin to your child’s body steadily throughout the day. Omnipod differs from other insulin pump products with its innovative, compact, and tubeless design, made for you and your child’s busy lives.
Omnipod systems are simple:
1. The Pod
2. The DASH Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM)
Omnipod was designed to Simplify Life™
Unlike multiple daily injections or traditional, tubed insulin pumps, Omnipod keeps it simple so you can focus on your kid’s everyday life.
The Perks of Omnipod
|Omnipod Systems||Multiple Daily Injections||Traditional Pumps|
|Tubeless and tangle-proof|
|No Daily Shots|
Toby’s T1D Tale iPad Application
We developed Toby’s T1D Tale as an educational resource for kids and their families to help them learn about Type 1 Diabetes through a fun, interactive mobile interface. Available for free through iTunes, the app follows Omnipod mascot Toby the Turtle™ from diagnosis to treatment as he, his family, and his friends learn how to manage diabetes.
Want to try Omnipod for your loved one?
Try our no-commitment, free 30-day Omnipod DASH® trial*, or connect with an Omnipod Specialist first. Let’s begin by checking your eligibility and coverage benefits.