SMS Terms and Conditions
SMS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Insulet offers subscription text message services on short code 69566. These text messages may be operational alerts/reminders or educational health content or may contain marketing content based on the communication preferences and authorization provided by the patient. Insulet does not undertake to offer all text message programs at all times.
Insulet offers these text message programs to provide information or resources on topics including but not limited to the following: Operational alerts/reminders such as billing/payment, claims, coverage, digital tools and communication materials, health and wellness tips, medical coverage, medication reminders and health insurance education. Health-related information provided is not meant to replace professional medical advice. Operational information provided is valid only at the time the text message is sent and may change at a later time.
You are not required to agree to receipt of text messages in order to purchase any product or service from Insulet.
Terms of Service
1. When you opt-in to the service, we will send you a message asking you to confirm your signup. Text "JOIN" to 69566 to receive Insulet Alerts. Message and data rates may apply. Msg freq varies by use. Text "HELP" for help. Text "STOP" to cancel.
2. You can cancel this service at any time. Just text "STOP" to 69566. After you send the message "STOP" to us, we will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive messages from us.
If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending messages to you again.
3. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text "HELP" to 69566 After you send the message "HELP" to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
4. Participating carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central, IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless(Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Additional carriers may be added at any time. This service may not be available on all carriers.
5. As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
6. Age restrictions apply to texting programs. In order to participate, individuals must be 18 years of age or older and own and control the mobile phone number provided to us. Individuals between the ages of 14 and 18 must have parental consent. Individuals between 14 and 18 years of age who do not have parental consent, or individuals under 14 years of age, must unsubscribe from the texting program.
7. Individuals must immediately notify Insulet if their mobile phone number changes. Insulet is not liable for any communication or transmission of information via text which occurs as a result of a change to a mobile phone number that is not reported. Using password-protected mobile devices and enabling encryption, if available, is recommended.
8. You acknowledge that messages will be sent to the mobile phone number you provide to Insulet. Such messages may include personal information about your prescriptions based on the type of information we send, and you choose to receive via electronic communication, and whoever has access to the mobile phone or carrier account will also be able to see this information. You acknowledge that if we initiate a program to send, and you elect to receive, Protected Health Information as defined in HIPAA in the form of full prescription information via text alerts, you are (i) electing to receive such information through an unencrypted method of communication, and that (ii) information contained in an unencrypted text message is at risk of being intercepted and read by, or disclosed to, unauthorized third parties. Once you enroll, the frequency of text messages we send to you will vary. You will typically receive alerts when we have information for you about your prescriptions or other healthcare information.
9. The Insulet text alert programs are offered on an “as is” basis and: (1) may not be available in all areas at all times; and (2) may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other service changes made by your wireless carrier. Insulet may change or discontinue any of its text alert programs without notice or liability to you. Insulet and its officers, directors and employees are not responsible and shall not be liable for any losses or injuries of any kind resulting, directly or indirectly, from any Insulet text alert program or from technical failures or delays of any kind. Insulet reserves the right to cease delivery of text alerts to any person at any time in its sole discretion.
For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can call Customer Care at 1-800-591-3455 or you can visit http://omnipod.com/contact-us.