Prescribe Omnipod® 5 exclusively through the pharmacy with less hassle.
- Prescribe new technology through the pharmacy with less hassle; no contract commitments for patients to get started through the pharmacy channel.
- For new users: in-person or remote training options will be provided by Omnipod® Certified Clinicians to fit the needs of your practice and your patients.
- For your existing Omnipod® users on Dexcom G6, we are excited to offer a self-guided eLearning experience that they may complete at their convenience to transition to Omnipod® 5 (without having to wait for in-person training). To enroll these patients in the Omnipod® 5 eLearning training option, simply connect with your local Omnipod® representative. If you do not know your Omnipod® Representative, we will help you connect with your Territory Manager by clicking here*.
use Omnipod® 5 in Automated mode.
Omnipod® 5 System: Automated Glucose Control, Simplified
Why consider the Omnipod® 5 System for Type 1 Diabetes patients aged 6 years +?
It provides improved clinical results, simplifies glucose management and you can get your patients started with a simple prescription.
use Omnipod® 5 in Automated mode.
Improved Clinical Results3 with no more multiple daily injections, tubing or fingersticks
Time in Range (TIR) at a target of 110 mg/dL in adults and adolescents3
Time in Range (TIR) overnight across all age groups3
Of adults and adolescents achieved ADA recommended HbA1c3,4
0.38% A1C Reduction4
Reduced time in hypoglycemia overnight in adults and adolescents3
In a 3-month clinical study, 3 cases of severe hypoglycemia and 1 case of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) were reported in children and adults/adolescent during Omnipod® 5 System use. These cases were not related to automated insulin delivery malfunction3
Earn your Omnipod® 5 Training Diploma! Register for Omnipod® Connect
Omnipod ® Connect is designed to help HCPs (Healthcare Providers) learn more about Omnipod®
products, including the Omnipod® 5 System.
- We developed the Omnipod® 5 System e-learning modules in bite-sized lessons, so you can learn about the System and best practices for initiation.
- You can also connect virtually with an Omnipod® 5 clinical trial investigators through a dedicated 30-minute webinar with live Q&A.
The Omnipod® 5 System provides personalized and adaptive insulin delivery
Predictive, adaptive SmartAdjust™ algorithm built into the Pod.
Predicts glucose 60 minutes into the future.5
Adjusts insulin delivery proactively using the customizable glucose target, which is customizable from 110 mg/dL to 150 mg/dL in 10 mg/dL increments3
Delivers insulin doses every 5 minutes (as needed) to help protect against hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia3
The Activity Feature
- Reduces automated insulin delivery and temporarily sets the Target Glucose to 150 mg/dL
- May be considered in times where glucose levels typically go low, such as exercise
Do you want to know more about practical guidance for clinicians on how to effectively train and onboard people with diabetes on the Omnipod® 5 System, including how to personalize therapy and optimize glycemia?
The article “Clinical Implementation of the Omnipod® 5 Automated Insulin Delivery System: Key Considerations for Training and Onboarding People With Diabetes” by C. Berget at al will help you to onboard your patients successfully.
1. Dexcom G6 CGM System sold separately.
2. The Omnipod®5 System must be used with the Dexcom G6 app and is not compatible with the Dexcom G6 receiver. Dexcom compatible smart devices sold separately: www.dexcom.com/ compatibility
3. Brown S. et al. Diabetes Care. 2021;44:1630-1640. Prospective pivotal trial in 240 participants with T1D aged 6-70yrs [adults/adolescents (n=128; aged 14-70yrs0 children (n=112; aged 6-13.9 yrs)]. Study included a 14-day standard therapy (ST) phase followed by a 3-month Omnipod®5 hybrid closed-loop s(HCL) phase. Mean time in hyperglycemic range (>180 mg/dL) as measured by CGM in adults/adolescents and children ST vs. 3-mo Omnipod®5: 32.4% vs. 24.7%; 45.3% vs. 30.2%, P<0.0001, respectively. Median time in hypoglycemic range (<70 mg/dL) as measured by CGM in adults/adolescents and children ST vs. 3-mo Omnipod®5: 2.0% vs. 1.1%, P<0.0001; 1.4% vs. 1.5%, P=0.8153, respectively. Mean time in range (70-180 mg/dL) during 110 mg/dL Target BG in adults/adolescents (n=121) =75.6%. Mean time in range (70-180 mg/dL; 12AM to <6Am) in adults/adolescents and children as measured by CGM during St vs. 3-mo Omnipod®5: 64.3% vs. 78.1%; 55.3% vs. 78.1%, P<0.0001, respectively. Median time in hypoglycemic range in adults and adolescents (<70 mg/dL 12AM- <6AM) as measured by CGM: ST=2.07%, 3-mo Omnipod®5 =0.82%, P<0.0001. Comparison is a relative change. Mean time 70-180 mg/dL as measured by CGM in adults/adolescents and children, ST vs. 3-mo Omnipod®5: 64.7% vs. 73.9%; 52.5% vs. 68.0%, P<0.0001, respectively.
4. ADA consensus guidelines: American Diabetes Association. Diabetes Care. 2020;43 (Suppl. 1): S66-S76
5. C. Berget at all. Clinical Implementation of the Omnipod® 5 Automated Insulin Delivery System: Key Considerations for Training and Onboarding People With Diabetes. Clinical Diabetes, march, 2022. https://doi.org/10.2337/cd21-0083
The Omnipod 5 Automated Insulin Delivery System is indicated for use by individuals with type 1 diabetes mellitus in persons 6 years of age and older. The Omnipod 5 System is intended for single patient, home use and requires a prescription. The Omnipod 5 System is compatible with the following U-100 insulins: NovoLog®, Humalog®, and Admelog®.
The Omnipod 5 ACE Pump (Pod) is intended for the subcutaneous delivery of insulin, at set and variable rates, for the management of diabetes mellitus in persons requiring insulin. The Omnipod 5 ACE Pump is able to reliably and securely communicate with compatible, digitally connected devices, including automated insulin dosing software, to receive, execute, and confirm commands from these devices. SmartAdjust™ technology is intended for use with compatible integrated continuous glucose monitors (iCGM) and alternate controller enabled (ACE) pumps to automatically increase, decrease, and pause delivery of insulin based on current and predicted glucose values. The Omnipod 5 SmartBolus Calculator is intended to calculate a suggested bolus dose based on user-entered carbohydrates, most recent sensor glucose value (or blood glucose reading if using fingerstick), rate of change of the sensor glucose (if applicable), insulin on board (IOB), and programmable correction factor, insulin to carbohydrate ratio, and target glucose value.
WARNING: SmartAdjust technology should NOT be used by anyone under the age of 6 years old. SmartAdjust technology should also NOT be used in people who require less than 6 units of insulin per day as the safety of the technology has not been evaluated in this population.
The Omnipod 5 System is NOT recommended for people who are unable to monitor glucose as recommended by their healthcare provider, are unable to maintain contact with their healthcare provider, are unable to use the Omnipod 5 System according to instructions, are taking hydroxyurea as it could lead to falsely elevated CGM values and result in over-delivery of insulin that can lead to severe hypoglycemia, and do NOT have adequate hearing and/or vision to allow recognition of all functions of the Omnipod 5 System, including alerts, alarms, and reminders. Device components including the Pod, CGM transmitter, and CGM sensor must be removed before Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT) scan, or diathermy treatment. In addition, the Controller and smartphone should be placed outside of the procedure room. Exposure to MRI, CT, or diathermy treatment can damage the components. Visit www.omnipod.com/safety for additional important safety information.
WARNING: DO NOT start to use the Omnipod 5 System or change settings without adequate training and guidance from a healthcare provider. Initiating and adjusting settings incorrectly can result in over-delivery or under-delivery of insulin, which could lead to hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.