Our Commitment to Innovation
Insulet Corporation’s research program focuses on clinical outcomes, quality of life, and our commitment to innovation. We partner with researchers and centers of excellence worldwide to conduct studies in patients with diabetes of various ages using Omnipod DASH® Insulin Management System or Omnipod® Insulin Management System and other products in development. Insulet is also committed to provide real-world data to monitor post market safety and efficacy of Omnipod® usage in real-world settings.
Omnipod® 5 Automated Insulin Delivery System* Clinical Trials
The Omnipod® 5 Automated Insulin Delivery System* is a hybrid, closed-loop platform in development. Please see the following information from the ClinicalTrials.gov website to learn more about clinical trials in progress.
Prepivotal Evaluation of the Safety and Effectiveness of the Omnipod Horizon™ Automated Glucose Control System1 in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
Pivotal Omnipod Horizon™ Automated Glucose Control System1 (on-going trial)
Omnipod Horizon™ Automated Glucose Control System1 Preschool Cohort Children with Type 1 Diab
Insulet Artificial Pancreas Early Feasibility Study
Insulet Artificial Pancreas Evaluating Meal Performance and Moderate Exercise (IDE2)
Insulet Artificial Pancreas Free-Living IDE3
Published Omnipod® System Research
List of studies authored or sponsored by Insulet Corporation.
- Sherr JL, Buckingham BA, Forlenza GP, Galderisi A, Ekhlaspour L, Wadwa RP, Carria L, Hsu L, Berget C, Peyser TA, Lee JB, O'Connor J, Dumais B, Huyett LM, Layne JE, Ly TT. Safety and Performance of the Omnipod Hybrid Closed-Loop System in Adults, Adolescents, and Children with Type 1 Diabetes Over 5 Days Under Free-Living Conditions. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2020;22(3):174-184.
- Blevins T, Lane W, Rodbard D, Sindelar DK, Fan L, Ellinor KS, Ilag L, Ly TT, Johnson J. Glucose Variability and Time in Range in Type 2 Diabetes Treated with U-500R by Pump or Injection: CGM findings from the VIVID study. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2020.
- Grunberger G, Bhargava A, Ly T, Zisser H, Ilag LL, Malone J, Fan L, Zhang S, Johnson J. Human regular U-500 insulin via continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion versus multiple daily injections in adults with type 2 diabetes: The VIVID study. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2020;22(3):434-441.
- Forlenza GP, Buckingham BA, Christiansen MP, Wadwa RP, Peyser TA, Lee JB, O'Connor J, Dassau E, Huyett LM, Layne JE, Ly TT. Performance of Omnipod Personalized Model Predictive Control Algorithm with Moderate Intensity Exercise in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2019;21(5):265-272.
- Layne JE, Huyett LM, Ly TT. Glycemic Control and Factors Impacting Treatment Choice in Tubeless Insulin Pump Users: A Survey of the T1D Exchange Glu Online Community. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2019;13(6):1180-1181.
- Zaharieva DP, Turksoy K, McGaugh SM, Pooni R, Vienneau T, Ly T, Riddell MC. Lag Time Remains with Newer Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring Technology During Aerobic Exercise in Adults Living with Type 1 Diabetes. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2019;21(6):313-321. https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/dia.2018.0364
- Zaharieva DP, McGaugh S, Pooni R, Vienneau T, Ly T, Riddell MC. Improved Open-Loop Glucose Control With Basal Insulin Reduction 90 Minutes Before Aerobic Exercise in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes on Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion. Diabetes Care. 2019;42(5):824-831. https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/42/5/824
- Ly TT, Layne JE, Huyett LM, Nazzaro D, O’Connor JB. Novel Bluetooth-Enabled Tubeless Insulin Pump: Innovating Pump Therapy for Patients in the Digital Age. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2019;13(1):20-26.
- Buckingham BA, Christiansen MP, Forlenza GP, Wadwa RP, Peyser TA, Lee JB, O'Connor J, Dassau E, Huyett LM, Layne JE, Ly TT. Performance of the Omnipod Personalized Model Predictive Control Algorithm with Meal Bolus Challenges in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes. Diabetes Technol Ther.2018;20(9):585-595.
- Buckingham BA, Forlenza GP, Pinsker JE, Christiansen MP, Wadwa RP, Schneider J, Peyser TA, Dassau E, Lee JB, O'Connor J, Layne JE, Ly TT. Safety and feasibility of the OmniPod hybrid closed-loop system in adult, adolescent, and pediatric patients with type 1 diabetes using a personalized model predictive control algorithm. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2018;20(4):257-262.
- Pillalamarri SS, Huyett LM, Abdel-Malek A. Novel Bluetooth-Enabled Tubeless Insulin Pump: A User Experience Design Approach for a Connected Digital Diabetes Management Platform. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2018;12(6):1132-1142. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1932296818804802
- Danne T, Schwandt A, Biester T, Heidtmann B, Rami-Merhar B, Haberland H, Müther S, Khodaverdi S, Haak T, Holl RW, for the DPVI. Long-term Study of Tubeless Insulin Pump Therapy Compared to Multiple Daily Injections in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes: Data from the German/Austrian DPV-Registry. Pediatr Diabetes. 2018;19(5):979-984. Campos-Nanez E, Layne JE, Zisser HC. In Silico Modeling of Minimal Effective Insulin Doses Using the UVA/PADOVA Type 1 Diabetes Simulator. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2018;12(2):376-380. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1932296817735341
- Layne JE, Parkin CG, Zisser H. Efficacy of a Tubeless Patch Pump in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Previously Treated With Multiple Daily Injections. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2017;11(1):178-179. Epub
- Jul 9. 2016 Layne JE, Parkin CG, Zisser H. Efficacy of the Omnipod Insulin Management System on Glycemic Control in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes Previously Treated With Multiple Daily Injections or Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2016;10(5):1130-5. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1932296816638674
- Polonsky WH, Hessler D, Layne JE, Zisser H. Impact of the Omnipod® Insulin Management System on Quality of Life: A Survey of Current Users. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2016;18(10):664-670. https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/dia.2016.0239?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori:rid:crossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub%20%200pubmed
- Lebenthal Y, Lazar L, Benzaquen H, Shalitin S, Phillip M. Patient perceptions of using the OmniPod system compared with conventional insulin pumps in young adults with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2012;14(5):411-417.
- Zisser H, Breton M, Dassau E, Markova K, Bevier W, Seborg D, Kovatchev B. Novel methodology to determine the accuracy of the OmniPod insulin pump: a key component of the artificial pancreas system. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2011;5(6):1509-1518.
- Zisser HC, Bevier W, Dassau E, Jovanovic L. Siphon effects on continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion pump delivery performance. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2010;4(1):98-103.
- Zisser H. Quantifying the impact of a short-interval interruption of insulin-pump infusion sets on glycemic excursions. Diabetes Care. 2008;31(2):238-239.
* Omnipod® 5 Automated Insulin Delivery System formerly referred to as the Omnipod Horizon™ Automated Glucose Control System is an investigational device. Limited by Federal law to investigational use.