Prescribing Pod Therapy
Provide freedom and flexibility for your paediatric patients.
The Omnipod DASH® System may be an ideal choice to both parents and children living with T1D1,2 as it can be adapted to meet their changing needs.
With the Omnipod DASH® System your younger patients may benefit from:
The flexibility to create personalised settings, including Zero Basal Rate and Fractional Carbohydrate Ratios (eg 0.1g/U).2
The Omnipod DASH® System’s tubeless and waterproof* Pod2 can continuously deliver insulin even during bath and swim time.
Simplified insulin delivery
Bluetooth® technology†, lets parents remotely adjust their child’s insulin without the need for multiple daily injections.2
† At start up the PDM and pod should be adjacent and touching, either in or out of tray, to ensure proper communication during priming and within 1.5 meters during normal operation.
See the clinical evidence for yourself
The benefits of the Omnipod DASH® System in young people with T1D is supported by clinical evidence. Find out more about why health care providers and parents are turning to Pod Therapy.
Which of your paediatric patients might benefit from The Omnipod DASH® System?
Energetic and full of life William, Age 8
- Diagnosed 2 years ago
- William is always racing around and playing sports
- He sometimes feels unwell when his glucose levels fluctuate
- He does not enjoy mealtimes as sometimes he needs to have an injection in front of his friends
Let’s meet William’s parents
- His parents fuss and worry about him when he’s being active or having sleepovers
- They have uncertainty around how to deal with glucose fluctuations during adolescent years
- They are considering Pod Therapy as an option
The Omnipod DASH® System may help William and his parents manage his T1D by allowing them to deliver insulin without the need for multiple daily injections
A world turned upside down Sarah, Age 16
- Diagnosed 3 years ago and felt her world was turned upside down
- She hates injections and has often refused them, preferring to skip meals
- Sarah believes her friends have more freedom, eating what they want and going to parties
- She wears a CGM, which she finds is better than finger pricking all the time
- She wants more flexibility that can fit with her routine
Let’s meet Sarah’s parents
- They notice Sarah is becoming more independent but her glucose levels continue to fluctuate
- They worry she is not taking control of her condition
- The risk of DKA is a big concern
The Omnipod DASH® System may help Sarah and her parents simplify her diabetes management and eliminate the need for multiple daily injections
Learning to live with T1D Jessie, Age 3
- Diagnosed 9 months ago and only needs a small amount of insulin
- She is a spirited kid and loves cartoons
- Jessie sleeps in the same room as her parents and they are constantly checking on her
Let’s meet Jessie’s parents
- They are nervous about what unexpected challenges are ahead
- They do not like giving Jessie injections as it makes her upset
- They have bedtime worries and are nervous to mess up
The Omnipod DASH® System may help Jessie and her parents, by providing them with the flexibility to create personalized settings, including Zero Basal Rate and Fractional Carbohydrate Ratios (eg 0.1g/U)2
Making the best of his diabetes Noah, Age 14
- Diagnosed 4 years ago and now starting high school
- Noah uses Flash glucose monitoring
- He is very comfortable with having diabetes technology attached to him
- He loves being (mostly) free from finger pricks, but wants even more freedom
Let’s meet Noah’s parents
- They love how Noah has taken ownership of his T1D
- They noticed that the Flash monitor has empowered him to improve his glucose levels each day
The Omnipod DASH® System may provide Noah with more freedom in his daily routine while allowing him to manage his T1D with precise insulin delivery2
Life with the Pod: Meet some of our Podders®
Skye is incredibly strong. She doesn’t complain and thankfully now that she is on the Omnipod DASH® System, I am able to control her insulin delivery at night a lot better without needing to wake her up for injections
Podder® mum since 2021
Going the distance with diabetes
See how the Omnipod DASH® System has helped many others, follow their passions and live their lives with less injections.
Arrange a meeting with an Omnipod® representative
If you have questions about the Omnipod DASH® System or any other Omnipod® products, our team will be happy to provide you with information you need to support your practice and your patients.
Be the first to know
Stay up to date and be in the know when it comes to all things Insulet. By signing up for our mailing list, you will be in the know when it comes to training and events, Omnipod® published data and first-hand experiences from Podders®.
References: 1. Danne T, et al. Pediatr Diabetes. 2018 Aug;19(5):979-984. 2. Omnipod DASH® Insulin Management System [User Guide]. 2019