What is the Omnipod DASH® Insulin Management System?
The Omnipod DASH® System is made up of two primary parts, a Pod and Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM). The Pod is a small, tubeless, wearable and waterproof(1) device that you use to deliver insulin and wear directly on your body. The Pod communicates wirelessly(2) with the Omnipod DASH® PDM to program insulin delivery.
A simple and discreet way to deliver insulin.
- The Pod: Its tubeless and waterproof(1) design allows you to conveniently and discreetly deliver insulin.
- The PDM: touch-screen and Bluetooth® enabled(2) that allows personalised insulin delivery.
1) The Pod has a waterproof IP28 rating for up to 7.6 metres for 60 minutes. The PDM is not waterproof
2) At start-up, the Pod and Personal Diabetes Manager must be adjacent and touching. During normal operation, the Personal Diabetes Manager must be within 1.5 metres of the Pod.
3) Up to 72 hours of insulin delivery.