What is the Omnipod DASH® Insulin Management System?
With the Omnipod DASH® System, you have an insulin management system that can provide up to 72 hours1 of continuous insulin delivery. It all starts with a tubeless, wearable Pod that is waterproof2 and discreet (can be worn under clothing), which is controlled3 by the Omnipod DASH® Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM). Using your Omnipod DASH® PDM you can set various presets to establish favourites and tag your activities and personalise insulin delivery based on your daily routine.
How does the Omnipod DASH® System work?
You can wear the Pod anywhere you would administer an injection. Placement is easy and the cannula inserts automatically and insulin delivery begins at the touch of a button.
You use the Omnipod DASH™ PDM to conveniently and discreetly communicate3 with your Pod, adjusting insulin doses anywhere you are.
Please consult with your healthcare provider to understand if the Omnipod DASH® System would be a suitable treatment option.
The Pod is a small, tubeless, wearable and waterproof2 device that you fill with insulin and wear directly on your body.
Its durable, waterproof2 exterior shell houses a built-in 200-unit insulin reservoir, angled infusion set, automatic inserter, delivery mechanism and power supply. You can place the Pod anywhere you would normally give yourself an injection, for up to three days of non-stop insulin delivery1
The Pod includes a small, flexible cannula that inserts automatically with the push of a button.
It delivers personalised doses of insulin into your body based on the set and variable rates that you program into its handheld companion, the Omnipod DASH® PDM.
The Pod communicates wirelessly3 with the Omnipod DASH® PDM to program insulin delivery.
The Pod communicates via Bluetooth® wireless technology3 and can be worn comfortably and discreetly under your clothes, while carrying the Omnipod DASH™ PDM separately in a pocket, backpack or handbag.
The Omnipod DASH® PDM
Multiple Omnipod DASH® PDM features support how you control your insulin
- You can set a Zero Basal Rate if you require low insulin delivery
- You can set Fractional Insulin to Carb Ratios (0.1g/U) if you are insulin sensitive
- The Pod Site Tracker helps you to track your Pod site locations.
- You can set various presets on the Omnipod DASH® PDM to establish favourites, tag your activities and personalise insulin delivery based on your daily routine
Insulet Provided diasend® allows you to review your diabetes patterns on your smartphone or personal computer, understand the cause-and-effect relationships of your activities on your blood glucose, and easily share diabetes data with your diabetes healthcare provider.
THREE SIMPLE STEPS TO INSULIN DELIVERY
Step 1. Fill the Pod.
The Pod automatically primes itself and performs a series of safety checks to prepare for insulin delivery.
Step 2. Apply the Pod.
Place your Pod almost anywhere you would give yourself an injection.
Step 3. Press Start.
The cannula inserts automatically and insulin delivery begins at the touch of a button.
How can I find out more about the Omnipod DASH® System?
We are delighted to have Hemoglobe Hellas as our distributor in Greece. Please contact Hemoglobe Hellas directly to learn how to get started on the Omnipod DASH® System in Greece.
Phone: +30 217 000 9999
- Up to 72 hours of insulin delivery.
- The Pod has a waterproof IP28 rating for up to 7.6 metres for 60 minutes. The PDM is not waterproof
- Wireless PDM for discreet bolus delivery; Wireless communication between Pod & PDM. At start-up, the Pod and Personal Diabetes Manager must be adjacent and touching. During normal operation, the Personal Diabetes Manager must be within 1.5 metres of the Pod.
All screen images are examples and are for illustrative purposes only.