California Privacy Rights
Insulet Corporation (“Company,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) takes your privacy seriously. We want you to know how we collect, use, share, and protect your Personal Information and about the rights of California Consumers under California law.
- The Company’s Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- Your California Privacy Rights
- How to Exercise Your Rights
- For More Information
Assistance For The Disabled
What Is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California Consumer or household.
Whose Personal Information Is Covered By This Policy?
- Individuals who are NOT California residents.
- California residents who are Company’s employees, job applicants, or contract workers (collectively, “HR Individuals”), or the emergency contacts of HR Individuals or the dependents or spouses who receive Company benefits by virtue of their relationship to an HR Individual in their capacities as HR Individuals or emergency contacts, dependents, or spouses; or
- California residents who are employees or other agents of a business engaged in a transaction with Company in their capacities as employees or agents of that business.
The Company’s Collection, Use And Disclosure Of Personal Information
Categories Of Personal Information Collected
In the last 12 months,Company collected the following categories of Personal Information about California Consumers:
- Identifiers, including: name, address, email address, telephone number, IP address.&
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including: device information from website visits, information regarding a consumer’s interaction with website, application, or advertisement.
- Sensory information, including: voicemail recordings.
Sources Of Personal Information and Purposes For Using Personal Information
In the last 12 months, Company collected the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following sources: (1) Directly from Consumers; (2) Website Users who visit our websites (myomnipod.com, insulet.com, investor.insulet.com, advocacyforacces.com), and used those categories of Personal Information for the following purposes:
Categories of Personal Information Collected in the Last 12 Months
Sources of that Personal Information
Business Purposes and Commercial Purposes for Collecting that Personal Information
(1) Website Users:
Social Media, such as Facebook (only through direct messaging by Consumer to us)
(2) Directly from Consumers (by phone or mail)
Internet or other electronic network activity information
Automated technologies in the website, including Google Analytics
Directly from Consumers (by phone)
Disclosure Of Personal Information To Third Parties
In the last 12 months, Company disclosed the following categories of Personal Information about California Consumers to the following categories of third parties for a business or commercial purpose:
Category of Personal Information
Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Disclose Categories of Personal Information for a Business Purpose in the Last 12 Months
No Sale Of Personal Information
The Company does not and will not sell California Consumers’ Personal Information.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- Right to Know
California Consumers have the right to submit a verifiable request to know:
- The categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that Company has collected about them;
- The categories of sources from which Company collected the Personal Information
- The categories of Personal Information that Company sold or disclosed to a third party (other than a service provider) for a business purpose and the categories of recipients of that information; and
- The business or commercial purposes for Company’s collection, disclosure, or sale of the Personal Information.
- Right To Delete
- California Consumers have the right to submit a verifiable request for deletion of their Personal Information that Company has collected from the Consumer.
- Right to Opt Out of Sale of Personal Information
- California Consumers have a right to opt-out of the sale of the Personal Information. However, as stated above, Company does not and will not sell Personal Information.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
- Making Requests
Company will respond to requests for access to or deletion of Personal Information in accordance with applicable law (“CCPA Request”)if it can verify the identity of the individual submitting the request. California Consumers can exercise their rights in the following ways:
- Email a request including full name, email address, phone number and state of residence, stating whether it a request for access to, or a request for deletion of, Personal Information, to email@example.com
- Contact by telephone (toll-free): (866) 941-0155
- Requests By Authorized Agents
You can have an authorized agent submit a CCPA request to us on your behalf by (a) providing us with a written authorization signed by you that designates the agent as your authorized agent for purposes of a CCPA request; (b) verifying your identity directly with us; and (c) directly confirming with us that the agent is authorized to submit the request.
- How We Will Verify Your Requests
To prevent anyone other than you, or your authorized agent, from exercising the right to know or the right to delete with respect to your personal information, we follow procedures to verify your, or your agent’s, identity. This process seeks to confirm that the person making a request is the person about whom we have collected personal information or that person’s authorized agent. The verification process involves matching data points that you provide with your request against information about you we already have in our records and that we have determined to be reliable for purposes of verifying your identity. We will use information you provide in your completed request form to verify your identity, and we may request additional information if necessary to complete the verification process.
For More Information
Attn: Privacy Officer
100 Nagog Park
Acton, MA 01720
Toll-Free Phone: (866) 941-0155
Last Updated: June 22, 2020