Is Omnipod right for me?
Omnipod* was designed to simplify life with diabetes. From parents struggling to manage their child’s insulin needs, to adults who’ve written off pumps altogether, Omnipod can simplify life with 3 days (up to 72 hours) of continuous, tubeless insulin delivery with no multiple daily injections.
97% would recommend Omnipod to a friend
Covered by Medicare Part D and most insurance plans:
Unlike traditional tubed pumps, Omnipod products may be covered by your private pharmacy plan or Medicare Part D. Omnipod DASH® is the only pump eligible by Medicare for people with insulin-requiring Type 2 diabetes.
Why Omnipod is used by thousands of people to simplify life with diabetes.
- The Pod: It’s a tubeless, wearable delivery device that can eliminate up to 14 injections with 1 Pod*. Leave the multiple daily injections and tangled tubes behind.
- The Math: Simplify mealtime math with the built-in bolus calculator and CalorieKing® food library (English only/DASH only) with carb counts and other nutritional information.
- The Apps: With the Omnipod 5 App, you can fully control your Omnipod 5 System through a compatible smartphone. With Omnipod DASH, you can monitor your loved ones insulin data through the Omnipod VIEW™ App on a smartphone.
Why Omnipod DASH is the #1 prescribed insulin management system for kids‡:
- The Pod: It’s durable, tubeless, and discreet, so kids—and their friends—can forget all about it.
- The PDM: Wireless control means you can deliver insulin from the kitchen, the front seat, the Man Cave, or the She Shed§.
- The Apps: Omnipod VIEW™ lets the parents, school nurse, soccer coach, and other caregivers monitor a child’s insulin.
§ The DASH PDM must be within 5 feet of the Pod to give a bolus.
Omnipod helps young adults focus on dreams, not diabetes
With no multiple daily injections and no tubes, Omnipod simplifies diabetes for young and busy people. From college to new careers, it’s the perfect partner for when you’re going out on your own:
- Independence: Freedom from tubes without giving up insulin control
- Confidence: Wearable Pods that can be tucked away or worn proudly
- Insurance: Covered by most private insurance plans and available through the pharmacy
Automated Insulin delivery is here
The Omnipod 5 Automated Insulin Delivery System integrates with Dexcom G6 to help protect against highs and lows, day and night1,2, and is the only tubeless Automated Insulin Delivery system cleared for people with type 1 diabetes ages 2 and older in the United States.
Omnipod 5 has made planning my day so much easier, I can do things a lot more spontaneously now.
Omnipod 5 User
Ready to take the next step?
Both Omnipod DASH and Omnipod 5 Automated Insulin Delivery System are game-changing systems for insulin delivery. See if you’re covered for either one with a no-commitment benefits check, we’ll do the leg work for you. While you’re at it, you can check your eligibility for the free 30-day Omnipod DASH® trial*.
*Omnipod DASH® 30-Day Free Trial
Terms and Conditions
1. Program Eligibility
Eligibility criteria: Subject to program limitations and terms and conditions, the Omnipod DASH 30-day Free Trial Program (the “Program”) is open to patients who have a valid Omnipod DASH prescription and who have commercial or private insurance, including plans available through state and federal healthcare exchanges. The Program is open only to new Pod Therapy patients coming from multiple daily injections or tubed pumps only who have not previously used Omnipod® 5, Omnipod DASH or Omnipod Insulin Management System.
This offer is not valid for participants whose Omnipod DASH prescription is paid for in whole or in part by Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal or state programs, or where prohibited by law. Participants on certain commercial insurance plans may not be eligible. This offer is only valid in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. territories. Please contact Insulet Customer Support at 1-800-591-3455 for details.
2. Program Details
With this program, Participants may be eligible to receive a 30-day supply of Omnipod DASH products at no cost for them. Eligible participants have two (2) options, based on the following:
• A participant shall sign the 30-day Omnipod DASH Free Trial Acknowledgement through the appropriate platform provided by Insulet’s pharmacy partner.
• Once Insulet, or its pharmacy partner, has received the request, including a valid prescription for the Omnipod DASH Intro Kit and Omnipod DASH Pods, the participant’s benefits will be checked by Insulet or its pharmacy partner.
• If the benefits check results in a monthly copay equal to or below two hundred dollars ($200), then Insulet, or its pharmacy partner, shall issue a one-time only copay card to the participant, for a value equal to the out-of-pocket expenses the participant would have to pay for an Omnipod DASH 30-day initial shipment, in accordance with Section 3, below.
• If the benefits check result in a copay greater than two hundred dollars ($200), Insulet, or its authorized partners, shall arrange for the shipment of one (1) Omnipod DASH Intro Kit, in accordance with Section 4, below.
• For the purpose of clarity, the term “copay” shall encompass any out-of-pocket expense for one (1) month’s supply of Pods, including any deductible, copays and other out-of-pocket expenses that the participant would have to disburse to procure said supply of Pods.
• Any copay assistance may not apply to a participant’s health plan’s deductible if prohibited by state law or by a health plan.
Insulet reserves the right to change, amend or rescind this Program, in whole or in part, at any time.
3. Copay Card
Should participant be deemed eligible to receive an Omnipod DASH Copay Card, participant shall receive electronically one (1) Omnipod DASH Copay Card, valid for a single use, in the amount required for the participant to procure a 30-day supply of Omnipod DASH Pods at a participating pharmacy. In addition, Insulet’s pharmacy partners shall ship, at no cost to participant, one (1) Omnipod DASH Starter Kit, which shall include:
• One (1) Omnipod DASH Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM)
• One (1) Omnipod DASH User Guide
• One (1) PDM charging cable
4. Product Dispense
Should participant be deemed eligible to receive a one-time dispense of Omnipod DASH Pods at no cost to them, Insulet, or its authorized partner, shall dispense one (1) Omnipod DASH Intro Kit, which shall include:
• One (1) Omnipod DASH PDM
• Eleven (11) Omnipod DASH Pods
• One (1) Omnipod DASH User Guide
• One (1) PDM charging cable
The Omnipod DASH Intro Kit shall be delivered to the shipping address indicated by participant in their Acknowledgment Form. Any estimate date of delivery is given solely for participant’s information and does not constitute a warranty that the Intro Kit will be delivered on said date. Participant is responsible to provide an accurate delivery address, to receive shipment of the Intro Kit and to verify the content of the Intro Kit.
2. Study in 240 people with T1D aged 6 - 70 years involving 2 weeks standard diabetes therapy followed by 3 months Omnipod 5 use in Automated Mode. Average day time (6AM-12AM) in Target Glucose range (from CGM) in adults/adolescents and children for standard therapy vs Omnipod 5 = 64.8% vs. 72.5%; 51.5% vs. 64.6%. Average overnight (12AM-6AM) in Target Glucose range (from CGM) in adults/adolescents and children for standard therapy vs Omnipod 5 = 64.3% vs. 78.1%; 55.3% vs. 78.1%. Brown et al. Diabetes Care (2021).